Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Lonnie Pursley #999294; May 3, 2005


Yes. I would like to address the victim's family. I received your poem and I am very grateful for your forgiveness. I still want to ask for it anyway. I have Jesus in my heart and I am sorry for any pain I caused you all. Thank you for your forgiveness. I am sorry. Ashlee, Pam -- I am going to miss you all. I love you all. Give everybody my love. Give everybody my love, O.K.? Mother, James, Justin, Corey, Brent, grand-babies and Daddy - I love you Pam. I love you Ashlee, Pammy and Irene. I will see you all on the other side. Couple friends on death row who have helped me; Shy Town and Crazy Jay...I love you all and for all your support. Uncle Ray too. I am saved and I am going home, O.K.? You all stay strong. You all stay strong. That is all.


Offender information

For additional information, please see this Associated Press article


1 comment:

  1. I found you via the NYT, too. I've been preoccupied with last words since Gary Gilmore. Last meals as well. Great job in finding the poetry of condemned souls. xo

    ReplyDelete