Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Jermarr Arnold #987; January 16, 2002


Yes sir, members of Mrs. Sanchez's family, I don't know who you are and other people present. As I said, I'm taking responsibility for the death of your daughter in 1983. I'm deeply sorry for the loss of your loved one. I am a human being also. I know how it feels, I've been there. I cannot explain and can't give you answers. I can give you one thing, and I'm going to give that today. I'm giving a life for a life. I pray you will have no ill will or animosity. You have the right to see this, I am glad you are here. All I can do is ask the Lord for forgiveness. I am not saying this to be facetious. I am giving my life. I hope you find comfort in my execution. As for me, I am happy, that is why you see me smiling. I am glad I am leaving this world. I am going to a better place. I have made peace with God, I am born again. Thank you for being here, I'm sorry. I hope you get over any malice or hatred you feel. Because it yields sorrow and suffering. I take responsibility for the loss of your daughter. I can't give answers. I hope you can find peace in the days to come. God bless all of you. Thank you all for being here. [Begins singing: Amazing Grace]


Offender information

For additional information, please see these two Associated Press articles


No comments:

Post a Comment