Monday, September 12, 2011

James Smith #763; June 26, 1990



He repeated his assertion he had not killed Rohus. "I myself did not kill anyone, but I go to my death without begging for my life. I will not humiliate myself. I will let no man break me.' When the general populace wakes up to the realities of executions," he said, "they will realize that the price to pay is a dear one.' Then he smiled, winked and said, "Hare Krishna.' Smith labeled death penalty foes as "vultures waiting until the last minute to peck around the body" and said they had wasted his time by getting his execution stayed in 1988.



A wealth of information is also available on the CNCP website. And in this NYT article, we find that Smith requested dirt for his final meal, for the performance of a voodoo ritual. He settled for yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment